So I don’t know about you, but I love shadow sticks! I love using them as bases or just on their own. Many brands from high end to low end make them. Some are great, some not so much. Today I am brining you my high end shadow sticks. I almost love each and everyone of them! Most I use on their own, but a few I use as bases.
Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Color in Platinum
– I love using this a base. It technically is not a shadow stick, but it’s a great creme shadow and has a nice consistency. It is much lighter then the caviar sticks, but gives great pigmentation and longevity. Platinum is a nice light color to use under a multitude of other colors. It lasts at least 8 hours and hardly creases.
MAC Shadestick in Heirloom – MAC no longer makes shade sticks and I know why! This is a beautiful color, but it is so hard to use. The stick itself is very rough and stiff, not as creamy as it should be. To get any color on the eye you have to play around a bit with it. Definitely not worth it at all.
Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Moon River
– Love this! It has such a wonderful cooling effect on the eye. It is on the more glittery side, but it is still amazing! I love wearing this on its own. I use a crease color and that’s it! It is so beautiful and lasts for a better part of the day.
Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Stick in Ample Amber – I heard ttsandra talk about this so much I had to try it. This is great for blue and green eyes. It makes them pop so much. It gives a nice sheer wash of color that you can build up or use another shadow over top. I personally like it by itself.
Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe
– Now I must say this isn’t my go to shadow stick. It is a beautiful color. If you don’t know I am a taupe freak. Any shadow with the word taupe in it needs to be mine. The only reason I am not a big fan is because this creases a bit on me. I tend to have oily eyelids. I mean they aren’t really oily, but compared to the rest of my face they definitely are. I know a lot of people love these and they have tons of different colors!
Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in 105
– Love!! I must get more! I originally heard of these through Rachel from makeupneversleeps
. To be honest anything she suggests goes onto my need list and I have loved everything I have bought. As the name states these are creamy, and I must say these are a creamy joy. 105 is a nice warm taupe/brown color. I have used this by itself and also along with other shadows. I am not the biggest fan of the applicator, but I tend to just use a synthetic brush to blend the shadow out.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst
– This is my pride & joy. If this was the only eyeshadow I could wear for the rest of my life I would be content with that. This shadow is just amazballs. Why I don’t own more of these I am not sure. The consistency is wonderful. It is more on the thicker side but can be sheered out with your finger or brush. I like to use my fingers. I also love to pair this with Mulberry
eyeshadow from Burberry, and if I want something more dramatic I add some Chanel Taupe Grise
to the crease.
What are your favorite shadow sticks?
Also I have a lot of my new pieces up on my Etsy shop. More will be going up soon!!